Key information in the Mayor's library
18th of Kythorn, 1492 DR, continued
The party searches for clues... and abandoned loot.
- stack of letters, including a sealed letter to a nearby mayor asking for help.
- mayor's journal: sent the family away. work up with nightmares of his own screams.
- book of fae wild about meenlocks who are evil fae who haunt people's dreams and reproduce by turning people into them. subterranean. avoid bright light.
- bunch of other books, including arcane theory and other planes of existence.
- They deliver flowers to Lorna Grosvenor's grave. They also notice that the inscriptions on nearby headstones bear the same death date, which is the date of the mine collapse.
- 2x small casks of wine (25gp each)
- 3x bolts of common cloth (10gp each)
- pouch with 15gp
- wand and hammer.
- steel shield w/plat filigree of winding serpents (50gp value)
- 2x matching short swords with w/plat filigree of winding serpents (25gp each)
- stack of 10x iron bars (10#, 1gp each)
- thin platinum ring (Zhaan is wearing)
Time to head to the mine.
- Cookie will maintain a light cantrip
- Dramora lights a torch
- The ape, from the Tan Bag of Tricks, is still with the party
Entering into the mine, most of the party begin to hear whispers.
Fight bats swarms down a side corridor.
Find black moss. Burn away with dragon's breath, then firebolts when that runs out. Yem believes it is magical in nature and possibly part of the whisper effect. Possibly the meenlocks grew this.
Continue on and come into a room with dripping an lots of moss. Yem casts dragons breath and breaths... and all hell breaks loose as black pudding and a meenlock both attack the party.
The meenlock teleports behind Tanneth and has a fear aura about it as it attempts to claw them to death. The ooze is dipping in acid, each touch burning and searing flesh.
After they are defeated, the party with draws to find a place to heal.
|healing word x1
|dragon's breath x2
- end of session -